Saturday, April 2, 2011

let the randomness begin....

Ok, this is just  string of random comments and thoughts, its mostly pointless, but its a blog, what do you expect?
My boyfriend pointed out to me that I can be somewhat judgmental (a word, I feel, that deserves to have an "e" in the middle of it) and perhaps, overly critical? but whatevs, I have 6 weeks left of my twenties, I'm not really going to change any time soon (although this is probably to my detriment)

This week I have been wondering these things:
1. how can a person eat a tub of icecream and a packet of milkduds a night and yet never gain a single pound. I wonder this not because I am jealous, I think that much candy would just put me off, but mostly I just don't understand it. where does it go? do the calories evaporate? how do you not have diabetes? (also someone should probably explain to me how you develop diabetes)
2. how can a person practice something for years and call it their trade and yet not get any better at it? I have things I am bad at, lots of them actually, but I think that if I were to pick one thing and practice it everyday, I might just get a little better at it.

 crap, I just got my first mosquito bite of the year!

3. why did Firefly get cancelled?
4. what the hell am I going to submit to the alum show? I managed to annoy/bully many others into participating, now I have two weeks to submit something myself.
5. do people get shallower as they get older? it seems that way, I doubt that ten years ago I would have been blogging about ice-cream consumption and cancelled tv shows... nor would I have had a blog.
...but one day, will I stop caring about things altogether and start painting pictures of my pets? or my plants assuming I am unable to keep a pet alive long enough to actually render it's portrait.

Borders is going out of business. I got a pile of books for the studio,  one that is just various artists interpretations of disney princesses. I will probably keep that one for myself. and I might start drawing disney princesses.

Started reading a blog belonging to a woman who drew a picture of a giraffe everyday for 300 days and then posted them to that blog. I can't quite decide how I feel about that. I probably don't.

my baby sister turned 24 today. Happy Birthday Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment