Saturday, April 9, 2011

Balloon Planets



Sophie (who is 11 and will show up sporadically at the studio with her dad demanding crafts) and I made planets on Friday. Usually Sophie just wants to make different kinds of birds, but this week I was able to convince her that it would be way more awesome to build an entire world!*
Sophie's Planet was colorful and decorated with tiny flocked bunnies and frogs, we made a small boat with a feather mast to sail the ocean and a weird nurse goddess to watch over the planet.
My planet is brown and made from inside out cereal boxes and used packing paper.
Incidentally, cereal boxes are my most favorite of craft supplies, they can become almost anything and are basically free!
Sophie named our creations Balloon Planets, although no balloons were used in the making of our tiny worlds.


*something I've wanted to do since boyfriend bought me Little Big Planet last year...next I will turn my work area into a life size "pod"and decorate it with googly eyes on stalks and stickers! I can never seem to find good stickers though, the only ones I have that I like at all are my friend Jennifer's business stickers...maybe I shall start making my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment