Monday, March 7, 2011

Ah College!


I stumbled upon this photograph on a well hidden blog, from the Agnes Scott publication Aurora, this was our college arts magazine. Why on earth someone saw fit to stick my suitcase full of boobs on page 36, I have to admit to being a little confused by. But it made me smile. the whole thing was made from green floral foam and paint, except for the suitcase, which was cunningly fashioned from an old suitcase. I think it was supposed be some sort of commentary on the male gaze...ah, to be young and idealistic.
Going to a liberal arts, women's college was awesome! I cared so much about everything, and got pissed off at make-up commercials (despite my sizable eyeshadow collection) and yelled at strange men in bars, accusing them of misogyny (while not being able to spell it) and frequently declared myself smarter than everyone else in the room (which of course I wasn't, but thats why college is great). 
Anyway...suitcase full of boobs.

1 comment:

  1. I dropped out of a class called Womanist and Feminist Ethics and Spirituality when 30 minutes into the first class everyone was in a heated debate on whether or not having a syllabus was misogynistic. Literally, walked out, directly to the registrar's office and dropped it. Just started taking naps instead.

    ReplyDelete