Saturday, July 17, 2010

Paper and lists

This week at Redwall was Book Arts, but Charlene and I got a little carried away and ended up spending almost the entire week on making recycled paper with the kids from all the left over or discarded artwork and paper scraps that have accumulated over the summer. It was tremendous fun and fantastically messy and actually produced some really amazing little art books. At the end of the week we were left with two huge vats of unused paper pulp. After all the kids had left, instead of wasting the leftover pulp, we decided to make a couple of large sheets of paper with the door screens we'd been using as drying racks. The paper came out an amazing blackberry color and I now want to do some kind of printmaking project with it.
As I was thinking about all the things I could do with my huge sheet of paper, I remembered all the other projects that I have been meaning to start, or in some cases finish and I realized that I had so many I had forgotten most of them. So in the spirit of being productive, I am making a list of all the things I want to do and all the things I need to do and publishing it here in hopes that it will actually help me remember to get some of them done:

  1. print making with handmade paper - not sure about this yet
  2. finish lamp with guls wing - bought more feathers, lost glue gun...Dammit :(
  3. make coconut ice - found a recipe online, had totally forgotten about this stuff and now I want it
  4. tiny people for Robert
  5. cake topper for Hampton and Erin - weddings not til January, but my powers of procrastination are amazing!
  6. small birds - I made birds with left over air dry clay a few months ago, and never did anything with them,
  7. knit sackboy for boyfriend
  8. quarters - started a couple of projects using quarters - this may never actually go anywhere
  9. pink flamingos - I have been wondering lately how complicated it would be to cut up and reassemble these lovely garden beasties - nowhere seems to have them in stock though.
  10. finish/repair the pile of heads sitting on my desk.
  11. Sam's birthday present - ?
  12. make more paper and experiment with natural dyes.
  13. stamps - really want to make some stamps, might try this myself and then take them to Redwall for the kids to play with
  14. tiny books for Sherah
I know there are many more things I needed/wanted to do, but off the top of my head I cant seem to remember any of them. oh well.

ok... one more cup of coffee, lunch and then I start sketching.


1 comment:

  1. how about adding more illustrations for Mum's book to your list, I really want to get it finished this year...

    ReplyDelete